We are currently looking to bring on board a qualified Maintenance Electrician (full-time) to join our growing team in Hamilton, ON.
Role & responsibilities
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment.
- Repair, install and test the equipment. (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system)
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the Canadian Electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Responding to emergencies during breakdown.
- PLC programming (A.P.I.)
- other related tasks
Knowledge & skills
- Have a College degree in Electrical engineering/ Instrumentation/Control or a degree of professional studies recognized as a certified Electrician. (Ticketed, Red Seal) Registered with the Ministry of Colleges and Universities
- At least five (5) years of experience in an industrial environment as Electrician, preferably in steel industry.
- Have a Red Seal/Ticketed certification.( 309 A ) or ( 442 )
- Knowing the Siemens PLCs would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Be available to work on shifts, day, evening or night.
- Efficient and organized.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Analytical, conscientious and flexible.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards
If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunity posted please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Recruiting and Development
No agencies or telephone calls please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only those being considered for the vacancy will be contacted.